I need to thank Laura @ alltheshoesiwear for tagging me in this! I’m so humbled that you thought of me! Thank you so much 🥰
• Post the tag and image above.
• Mention the creators of the tag and link back to their blog.
This tag was created by Everyday Magic With Jubilee and Mom Life With Chiari. You can click on the highlighted names to check out more inspirational posts from their blogs. Make sure to tag them in your post so that they can read your letters of encouragement.
• Thank whoever nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Nominate 5 other bloggers that you love and notify them by commenting on their latest blog post.
Often times we may wish that we could go back in time and give our former selves advice and words of wisdom. If you could go back in time, what would advice or encouragement would you give to yourself?
Dear 15 year old me,
1. Don’t be hard on yourself because …
everything happens for a reason. Sometimes those reason suck and hurt and have justification, but it’s these reasons that almost always reveal themselves and you realize that you are better off because it happened. It just, sometimes, makes no sense but you have to trust what has been given.
2. The relationship you’re in ….
It’s not your fault. It is not easy to establish a serious relationship with anyone when you are just a day away from learning that you will be moving away again. It will make you very guarded, protective of your feelings and sometimes it’s safer to just avoid it all together. Don’t. Understand that relationships are most likely to end abruptly, but it would be so much better for you to take chances on those relationship, it is healthier to have that connection and accept the “love” then to feel isolated and insecure.
3. You will get through this because …
you have had opportunities and experiences the majority of people have never/will never have. You have lived in more places across the country and seen more of it then so many others have. It’s these experiences that make you stronger.
4. Don’t get caught up in thinking …
that you could have done better. You can’t live in the past. And dwelling on friendships lost, or how much you liked the last house only prevents and makes it harder for you to find your place. Also don’t think you aren’t good enough. You will have a number of obstacles you will face. So t let that prevent you from doing the things you enjoy and we’re very successful doing.
5. These experiences will help you learn … That you are a passionate, energetic, and confident person. That the only constant in life is change, and to resist change is a mistake and futile. Embrace the change. Each opportunity is a chance at a blank slate. No one is judging you. And the mistakes you made in the past, don’t follow you to the next place. You are very talented. Just insecure. Your talent has the potential to create some amazing opportunities. It’s a mistake not to trust your instinct and play it safe.