Proscenium

Center Stage

Day 133 – May 13, 2018

Core – DWP   Close-Up- CB&W

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you amazing mom’s out there. And even if you aren’t a mom, you still are pretty amazing (especially since you are reading this post) 😬. I have a confession. I have not been a good son over the last couple of years. I have, for some reason, isolated myself from my immediate family. It’s not a good feeling. 25% of the time I know I am doing it. The other 75% straight up is legit. But still, I am struggling to find out why I can’t dial mom’s or dad’s number and talk to them, even if it is only 5 minutes. I have a 30 min trip home at the end of the day, so it’s not like I don’t have the time. I absolutely love my parents and my siblings. There is no excuse for not reaching out. I guess from one perspective I do use that trip home as a way to decompress, so that I can leave work at work. I have always been like that. I hate bringing work baggage home and vice versa. It’s really important to me to have both work and home separate. It’s one of the reasons I chose not to live near the school. However, that doesn’t excuse me from finding even a minute to take out of my day to reach out to the woman who is the core of my existence. So today, on this Mother’s Day, I will make it my priority to call my parents at least once a week, even if it’s for just 5 minutes. And I will work on this issue, because I honestly don’t understand why. And Mom, if you are reading this, I am sorry and I love you. You are the center of my world. Happy Mother’s Day.

Photo Info: I took these two photos at dinner tonight. I liked them enough to put them both in. The first is a shot of the menu the table. The texture of the table really enhances the menu. To me, it gives the feel of an antique. The 2nd is of the lighting above the table. I really do like those “old fashioned” bulbs. They add instant age and a nostalgic look to almost anything.  Addendum: I messed up Cee’s challenge again.  The subject was Through a Window. I must have seen last weeks again.  In any case, it is pretty obvious neither one fits that bill.  But maybe the post is a look through the window of my soul. 😉

3 of Many

Just One a Day

Desires

Fairy Tale

black-white-banner

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

A City Girl Story

messy hair, stories to tell & her own style

Bucket List In A Bikini

Wanderlust (n): A strong desire for or urge to wander or travel and explore the world.

travelingpersecond

Learning Cultures by Traveling

LUCID BEING

Photography To Digital Art Rendering √ Blogs √ Quantum Energy, Healing To Real Empowerment √

The Go to Girl

Life as we experience it

Mama Bear Blended Family & Stepmother Support

"Just A Stepmother" dedicated to educating, encouraging and supporting all on their journey to happy, healthy, relationships and families!

Robinne Weiss

Author / Educator at Crazy Corner Farm

Norm 2.0

Photography, fiction, humor, opinions, and whatever else I feel like posting

Mentally Unique

where survivors dream

Travels and Trifles

Expressing Thought Through Photography

%d bloggers like this: