I have always had this dream that one day I would retire, or end up in a mountainous area looking over a large body of water. While I would prefer that body of water to be the ocean, finding that combination may prove to be difficult so I would settle for a large lake or something. It is amazing how quickly I find myself day dreaming when I am surrounded by water. It is so entrancing to me, so therapeutic, and I really don’t necessarily need to be in it, just surrounded by the sounds sans anything that is not nature. So when I think of dreaming, I think of tranquility, lucidity, and peace to the point where your mind is free to go in whichever direction it chooses and you allow yourself to succumb to it knowing full well that you are ultimately in control. This shot, although not my ideal place, is a close representation and happens to be very close to my home. It is wonderful to have these types of views available every day and part of the joy of living here. Happy Dreaming! July 16, 2012
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (callowlea.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Dreaming (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Dreaming (picturesandplanetickets.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge “Dreaming” (melissajoelliott.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming or Rêver (frenchtwistedwoman.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: DREAMING (thefeistsgreatescape.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: DREAMING (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (orthographies.wordpress.com)
9 Replies to “Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming”
I love the haze over the landscape… adds a nice touch
While there was the customary blue haze over the mountains… I must admit I used a lens filter to soften/blur the edges. I wanted to emphasize the “dreamlike” feel.
It worked. 😉
I feel exactly like you about mountains and water.
The only place I feel like I can truly escape! 🙂
Great ‘dreaming’ …
Thank you for the comment. I really do appreciate it!
Beautiful photo. A perfect choice for challenge. Thanks for the pingback and listing my blog.
BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!
Thank you so much… I always worry that a photo just can’t capture what I see, but I try. Thank you for the wonderful comment and for the compliment!